Wednesday, January 26, 2011

You can't do the Louvre in one day !!

You just can't.
There are so many exhibit halls to see that you really need to break it up over three days.

On this day (Monday), I decided to see the Roman, Greek, Etruscan & Egyptian sculptures followed by a quick drive of the "Mona Lisa" (or at least watching the people taking photos of said painting).

Tania decided on the Near Eastern (Persian) & European paintings.

I did see the "Mona Lisa": couldn't miss really with all the crowds in front of it. I know that along the way to seeing it, I know I wandered past & missed quite a few paintings from Leonardo da Vinci & Sandro Botticelli.






I also saw the "Venus de Milo" but my favourite sculpture was the Greek "Artemis & fawn". It's simply stunning.

The day was broken up with lunch before a second round of the galleries. It was well worth the visit.

Yesterday (Tuesday) was supposed to be spent touring some of the Champagne houses of Rheims but setting the alarm wrong resulted in us sleeping in & deciding on a lesiurely walk around the streets of Paris.

Can I just say that the "lesiurely" walk of about 6.5hrs (walking past the Louvre, to Place de la Concorde, continuing down the Champs Elysees to the Arc de Triomphe; then over to the Eiffel Tower, back to the Trocadero & then back home) damm near killed us. Between Tania's ankles & my knees, we were both the worst for it.










Today (Wednesday) was spent recovering.
Well...this will be our last post from Europe as we head of to Hong Kong tomorrow.

We are so looking forward to Asian food !!

Take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home